Sunday, October 02, 2005

Chester County Pride

The Chester County Pride Outdoor Festival went very well today. It was located at the Foundry Lot in Phoenixville, PA. The crowd turnout was good; I saw quite a few people I knew there. And the weather today turned out to be an Indian Summer, very sunny with highs in the 80's. The entertainment included some drag queens and a drag king, plus the DC Cowboys Dance Company, which got a great crowd response.

Also just outside that festival were the usual fundie Christians carrying signs of damnation. But there were a bunch of pro-gay counter-protesters, many of them were from a religous action group called Soulforce. Many of them wore red T-shirts that had the Soulforce logo. At first I mistook them for anti-gay fundies but I quickly relalized that they were on our side.

I was there for about three hours, walking around checking out the various booths, talking to friends and drinking lots of water. Every now and them I'd go by the Foundry building and stand in the shade to occasionally dodge the sun. I even cruised some guys, lots of bear types there. Needless to say I had fun. Now bring on Outfest in Philly next Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home