Friday, August 17, 2007

Summer Of Frustration

I have to say that this summer has been a bit of a frustating one. Though it started out fine with Memorial Day weekend down at the beach and the Gay Pride events in June, but by July money had become so tight that there wasn't a whole lot I could do, thus I had to pass up a couple of events I would have loved to be at. (Such as Rufus Wainwright playing at the Mann Center in Philly tonight; I really couldn't afford a ticket.) In addition I've had a health problem (I'll tell you more about that sometime) where I couldn't go on dates or whatever, so it's had a negative effect on my social life. Never have I felt so grounded during summer. Fortunately things have been looking up in the past couple of weeks--healthwise I'm better, and I've gotten some extra hours at my day job (which means more money). So hopefully summer will end up on a good note at least, and there are some things I want to do before fall comes around.

On a side note, I went to see the Dumpsta' Players at Bob and Barbara's Wednesday night and I had a blast. Great show!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Just thought I would stop in and say hello. It was so nice too meet you the other night. :)

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That kinds sucks. Here's to a good autumn!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home