Friday, August 24, 2007

The beat may go on for Madonna, but not for me

A new Madonna song "The Beat Goes On," featuring the production of Pharrell Williams, has been leaked to the net. No word if this is supposed to be the first single from her upcoming album, which I like to call My Ghetto Pass To Clear Channel, or even if it'll be on the album at all.

After hearing this I wasn't all that impressed. The whole "let's do something different" spoken word intro between Madonna and Pharrell is so canned and phoney. It would have been more honest if they said something like "Let's do something that US radio will play the shit out of." It sounds like a knock-off of Justin Timberlake's "Like I Love You" (itself no great shakes, being a knock-off of Michael Jackson's shitck).

After hearing this, I miss Confessions Madonna already. Wish that she covered the Sonny and Cher song by the same name instead.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have felt that way for a few years about her.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Brand New W said...

totally agree with you. it did grow on me a LITTLE bit, but yeah, it's kinda shitty.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home