Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Meetings and shopping in Philly

Went into Philly last night for the latest Philadelphians meeting at the Bike Stop. Also picked up a couple of things while I was in the city. Picked up a copy of the Pazz and Jop 2005 issue of the Village Voice at a local newstand. (It's one of the two times during the year that I'll buy a copy of the VV; the other time is when they have their annual Queer Issue in June.) Also went to Giovanni's Room and bought a book on the 90s homocore/gay punk rock scene called Homocore: The Loud and Raucous Rise of Queer Rock. So far it looks good; I should write a review when I finish reading it. Stopped over at a couple of coffeehouses as well, the Last Drop on 13th and Pine Streets and the Village Coffeehouse on the 1100 block of Lombard Street. The Philadelphians meeting went quite well; though I was so nervous about it that I had a slight panic attack. But I got through it and I had a good time.

I was going to meet to some friends on Sunday, but my head felt really stuffed up and I had to cancel. With the weather being warm one day and cooler the next, it can reek havoc on your sinuses and you can catch a cold more easily. Fortuneately I felt better the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home