Friday, January 27, 2006

Knowing when someone can do a better job than you

One reason why I had started this blog was to try and document Philadelphia's new wave scene in the 80s. Well Robert Drake can do a far better job than I can, considering the great job he has been doing with his new blog Reflections Of A Rock Robster. But I'll still do an occasional piece or two...I'm working on a piece about the band Executive Slacks.

(BTW speaking of Robert, his monthly 80s new wave program on WXPN-FM Land Of The Lost will be airing tonight from 7pm to 11pm.)

Finally picked up the new Delta 5 retrospective yesterday and so far it sounds good. I'll have to post a review of it sometime next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maidy said...

Thanks, Chris. Now it's gonna drive me nuts trying to remember wher I know Robert Drake from. It's not the Au Courant (is that still around?) so I am clueless.

*whimper*

9:22 PM  
Blogger Robert Drake said...

I ordered the Delta 5 disc and am waiting patiently .. I can't wait to play it loudly at Fluid!!

btw, thanks for the nice words! And hello to maidink

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home