Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My latest mix CD (and Ashlee's not on it)


Today I finished the first of two mix CD compilations featuring female rockers. The one I just finished is titled Rock Chick Party (Ashlee's Not Invited!). Guitars and lots of attitude. Quite melodic too, good to drive to. Joan Jett, Courtney Love and Hole, Kathleen Hannah's bands Bikini Kill and Le Tigre, among others. Hardly any of that faux-rock teen pop a la Ashlee Simpson. (Okay I threw in a song from the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack, but it's a good one--"Shapeshifter"-- featuring Kay Hanley on vocals, who was in the 90s alternative band Letters To Cleo.)

The second all-female rock disc I'm working on will have more of a theme to it. It'll feature songs that have a bad female behavior/juvenile hall vibe to them. I should be done with that one sometime next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Hole and Joan Jett. I also love the Runaways--they were always my fave kind of women; tough, gritty and slutty.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home