Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Video #34: Rufus Does Judy


Rufus Wainwright is a fan of Judy Garland--last year in New York he did two Carnegie Hall concerts in which he performed the entire Judy Garland concert album recorded there in 1961. A CD and DVD of the tribute concert will scheduled for release in September 2007.

But as you can tell from this clip, Rufus took his devotion to a new level last month in France, where he dressed up like Judy from the 1950 movie Summer Stock in a black suit jacket, fedora, and nylons, and performed "Get Happy" from the same film. (Thanks to Xolondon for tipping me off to this clip!)

BTW Rufus is currently performing four dates at the Gramercy in NYC, and you can tell from the photo below taken June 5 he's broken out that outfit again.


What better way to celebrate Gay Pride month than with this?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

WOW! WOW! and WOW!!!

Thank you for posting this! I love Rufus and this just makes me love him even more...

Don't be surprised if I post this on my blog (but I will give you all the credit for turning me on to it!).

Once more: WOW!

7:45 PM  
Blogger M. Knoester said...

Hi there, from Holland. Just popped over from Joe's to say one simply has to love Rufus.

Greetings from the resident (slightly scary) Rufus freak on J.M.G.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home