Friday, June 08, 2007

Catching Up and Pride Happenings

Sorry for goofing off so much recently. Had some issues that interferred with my blogging, as well as some other things. I'll try to post more in the next couple of weeks.

Had a pretty good (if unspetactular) Memorial Day Weekend. Stayed at my parents's place in Ocean City Maryland. My youngest sister, her husband and three kids were staying there as well. I drove up to Rehoboth Beach on Saturday and did usual stops (Lambda Rising, Double L Bar).

Finally got around to picking up the Pet Shop Boys' most recent album Fundemental, after having friends rave about this for months. It's a really good effort. My favorite track would have to be "The Sodom And Gomorrah Show."

One year ago this month drag performer and singer Kevin Aviance was gay-bashed in New York. (Ironicly I first heard the news on my way to Philly Gay Pride.) Here's a new interview where he talks about the incident.


It's Gay Pride weekend here in Philly, so I've been prepping myself for that. This coming Saturday night (June 9), the Philadelphians MC will be holding their Pre-Pride Bar Social on the main floor of the Bike Stop, from 8PM to midnight. 50/50 raffle tickets (which I will be helping sell), Jello shots and lots of guys in leather. And on Sunday is the Philly Gay Pride Parade and Festival, where I will be marching with the Philadelphians as well. The parade kicks off at noon, and the festival will be held again at the Great Plaza section of Penn's Landing. Happy Gay Pride! (And thanks to Ryan for designing the above flyer.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

you didn't go to IML? i thought you would've and was looking forward to some stories! one of these days i'll attend one of those things....

3:15 PM  
Blogger Chris Krakora said...

Yeah, I have to catch IML sometime before I die. Believe me, if I had the $$$ I'd be there in a heartbeat!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home