Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sad news just in time for Gay Pride

In Pennsylvania anti-gay marriage amendment passed the state house Tuesday night 136-61. Next it has to go to the state senate. From there, both bodies will need to vote on it again in the next session - if they vote yes, it will end up on the ballot either in 2007 or 2008.

When I heard the news it was like you would have punched me in the stomach. Every day I tell myself that I am a good person worthy of love. Hearing that I'm being blamed in toto for the downfall of The American Family and being denied any rights fucking hurts.

At least there's more rationality in DC, where yesterday the gay marriage constitutional ban failed to get a two-thirds majority to pass the US Senate. But the fact that the Republicans up for re-election this year will ride this issue until they are re-elected in November even made me more sick to my stomach.

And I thought that June was supposed to be GAY PRIDE MONTH. The irony.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Maybe I'm naive or just too hopeful, living in Masachusetts as I do, but I really didn't think Pennsylvania would let the amendment get this far. What's your thought on the thing's chances should it go to a popular vote?

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is time to mobilize.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home