Sunday, November 27, 2005

My cold ruins Santa Saturday and I stay home

Well this weekend I was supposed to go to Santa Saturday up in New Hope PA, but unfortuneatly I had a relapse on Friday night and my cold returned with a vengeance. Thus Saturday morning I was too sick to go. This is the second time in a row I had to miss it; last year I had to miss that because of a cold as well. And to make things worse, this year I was supposed to pick up my friend Richard in Philly and I would drive us up to New Hope. So when I cancelled that meant that he wasn't going as well, and I feel really bad about that. (I don't know if he was to able to find someone else to go up there with, since it was on short notice.) I'm depressed about this because I spent a lot of time getting myself for this big leather event--I had to juggle my work schedule so I could be free that day, save my money so I could spend it there, I had laid out my outfit to wear, got some music so I could listen to in the car on the way there and back, etc. etc., and it turned out to be all for nothing. I'm having a rough time personally right now and this cerainly would have lifted my spirits. I wanted to see if the Raven was able to pull off the vent. Friends of mine were going to be there as well, I have to find out how things went and maybe I'll give a report. Damn.

So I spent the day staying around my place watching TV, napping when I could, drinking lots of liquids, goofed around on the Net and caught up on some of my reading. I fucking hate having a cold. I really do.

Even though Santa Saturday was ruined for me, my weekend wasn't a total washout. On my way to work Friday moring I stopped at the local Circuit City and picked up The Legend Of Johnny Cash CD for only $6.99 (which was a Black Friday promotion at the store). Nice single disc overview of his long career. I started with "The Wanderer" (the track he did with U2 in 1993) and went on from there. It's good to have a little old-school country every now and then.

And I don't mean to brag, but that Amber interview I posted here a couple of days ago has started to get around. Arjanwrites put up a link to it (as well as the Jeff Barringer radio edit of "Just Like That") on the most recent post on his site, and the interview itself has been posted in a couple of other blogs as well. So that's another good happened this weekend. Still I vow to make it to the next Santa Saturday (if they'll still have it then).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are sick. I hate colds, too. They suck!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Brand New W said...

get well soon!

congrats on the interview! what's your secret connection to Amber? or is interviewing celebrities part of your job?

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home