Monday, June 19, 2006

Anti-smoking ban in Philly

I've got mixed feelings about the new anti-smoking ban that was just passed by the Philadelphia City Council. On one hand I don't smoke and I don't have to worry about leaving a bar and my clothes are smelling from smoke. But I have friends who do smoke and it would inconvenient for them to step outside if they do want a smoke. As long as they're not blowing smoke in my face I can tolerate it.

I'm quite surprised that the city council were able to get it passed, considering all the difficulty such bills had trying to get through in the past. A lot of other cities like New York and states like New Jersey and Delaware have such laws on the books; it seemed that until now Philly wouldn't be able to play catch-up as far as passing anti-smoking laws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home