Sunday, November 06, 2005

Am I pathetic?

Usually I like to go out on Saturday night, but last night I stayed in. Does that make me pathetic? It's not like I had a cold or something; I just needed to save some money because I have to go to Philly on Monday and Wednesday for Philadelphians meetings. Plus I needed to save some money for the upcoming holidays. So I stayed in, did some net surfing and watched the finale of The Ultimate Fighter 2, the UFC reality show on Spike TV. Until I can get some more money, I need a cheap alternative to get out of the house on Saturday night.

I have a special birthday coming up in nine days, so I've been planning of couple of different parties. I hope that plans will go well. More details as they come along.

A few days ago I weighed in at 174 pounds and I've been getting a beer gut. (Five years ago I weighed in about 150 pounds. I'm 5' 8".) I think that's the results of overeating out of stress and lack of exercise during the past several months. But I have been doing quite a bit of walking around the neighborhood in the past few days. Until I can afford a gym membership then that'll be my main form of exercise. Now if I could be better at watching what I eat, then I can start losing some weight and that gut. I'm motivated now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

Take a deep breath, friend!

You are NOT pathetic (actually it was a wise and mature decision to stay in on Saturday night - you were using sound judgment considering your financial situation etc…)... as for you weight, 174 lbs is not exactly John Goodman; give your self a break!

OK, my work here is done; carry on!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If staying in on a Staurday would make one pathetic, I would have moved into the land of lost souls ages ago. It never hurts to be more judicious with your excursions.

And who the hell can aford to go out lately? I never go anywhere If I am not on a guest list.

As far as being hefty, Oh darling, you are anything but! You look fine! Even yummy!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Brand New W said...

not pathetic at all. i'm a total homebody.

as for the Ultimate Fighting Championship - why is it that watching men beat each other up totally turns me on?

TMI, sorry.

in other news, i am also 5"8 and weighing in at about 165 at the moment....

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home