Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Too much pop, not enough personal?

I've been looking at my entries of the past week or two and I'm wondering: is it getting too heavy with pop culture? With all the Boy George and Madonna stuff for example. I think that I ought to tone down on that stuff for a while and try to write more personal stuff. I do enjoy pop culture but there's already a lot of blogs and sites on that stuff, so maybe I want to try going on a less-traveled road. If anyone has any comments I'd like to know.

Philadelphians MC meeting at the Bike Stop went well last night. Lots of events coming up in the next few months. Will be in Philly again tomorrow (Wednesday) for a couple of different things, and I might check out the new Dumpsta Players show at Bob and Barbara's as well.

Can you be "too butch" for the International Mr. Leather competition? Check out this intersting article by one of this year's contestants here.

One more Madonna caveat and I'll chill out on writing about her for a while--pre-ordered her new album on iTunes (which you can get either continously mixed or all seperate tracks). Being the Madonna fan I am, I'll also be getting a store-bought copy or two as well when it's released next month.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it when you talk about politics and political issues but I hadn't known about the Boy George thing either and I think you were the definitive blog on that one.


I like the variety too and the name of your blog as well. :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Brand New W said...

variety is good. i like the leather talk, for sure! that's one of the main reasons i came back to your blog!

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a hodge podge, myself. I haven't been writing much. So much has been going on since the Friday. Hope to see you tonight at the show.

XXOO,

Jimmi

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home