Sunday, October 16, 2005

Time goes by so slowly...

Laid low this weekend nursing a little cold I had gotten due to several days of cloudy and rainy weather. (At least yesterday and today were sunny for a change.) Watched some DVDs I had gotten from the library. Movies I've been meaning to see for a while like Swing Time and The Aviator, as well as the second season of Sex and the City. Goofed off and surfed the net today. I will be going into Philly tomorrow for the next Philadelphians MC general meeting.

Came across an interesting piece in the City Paper about why a repertory movie theater is needed in Philadelphia and what needs to be done to achieve that. I hope that the local filmmakers will get what they want; it's hard to get Philadelphians motivatied for anything at all (with the possible exception for sports), mass apathy is one of Philly's negative traits.

Heard that black gay activist and writer Keith Boykin was not allowed to speak at the Millions More Movement March in DC at the last moment yesterday. Which reinforced my beliefs that black religious figures such as Minister Louis Farrakhan and Reverend Willie Wilson are just Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell in blackface; just pushing the same old homo-hatred and misogyny in the name of G*d.

Madonna's "Hung Up" has been on a loop for the past two days and I haven't tired of it as of yet. Finally getting to hear the whole song (I've only heard little snippets of it before) would be my highlight of the weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

i too fought off a cold this weekend. i popped those zinc lozenges like they were candy. hope u're feeling better. drink soup!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home