Friday, June 23, 2006

Village Voice Queer Issue 2006


The 2006 edition of the Village Voice's Queer Issue is out now. Not as good or cutting-edge as the coverage of previous years (hello The New Times, which owns the paper now), but still some interesting stuff. The fight for gay marraige in New York State, the controversy of the competing gay games in Chicago and Montreal, Canada, a polysexual gender-bending crew throwing parties in Brooklyn (I can see the Bruce Bawer types getting their panties in a bunch over this), and Edmund White waxing positively on new gay fiction.

Oh, and as for the cover, I much perfer the picture that was making the rounds over a decade ago of Bill Clinton and Al Gore's faces pasted on the bodies of a couple of gym queens. (I'd post a picture of that as well but so far I haven't been able to find it on the net so far.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Rainbow Demon said...

LOL@Ms Jimmi
why?
Because I feel the same way...
Bill & Al (whew!)

Thanks for the link, Chris.

Peace,
=RD=

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home