Sunday, March 19, 2006

A vanity confession

For the past few years I have been dyeing my goatee to fight from it going gray. Unfortunately it appears that in the past two weeks my skin has gotten irratated when I apply the stuff to my beard (I use the Just For Men beard and moustache formula). The beard starts to get itchy and some redness flares up. Which is funny since I've been using it for years and I haven't had any bad reaction to the stuff until now. So I'm going to lay off the stuff for a couple of weeks and see what happens when I apply it then. And if the irratation continues, I'll have to do one of three things:

1. Find a different dye formula for my goatee.

2. Just stop dyeing it and just let the grey go in.

3. Just shave it all off.

I have no intention to shaving my goatee off. I like the way it looks on my face. I'd feel castrated if I had to shave it off. But then I don't like having to see the gray come into my beard either. I don't feel as old as I am, so I don't like looking into the mirror and having my facial hair remind me that I'm getting older. I just hope if I lay off the Just For Men beard stuff for a couple of weeks maybe my face won't get irratated when I do start applying it again.

Or I could just remind myself that I'm not as young as I'd like be anymore...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if you goatee turns gray, you wont have to. Keep it. That Just For Men stuff is kinda toxic.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home