Friday, October 27, 2006

I'll be on the radio this Sunday!

This coming Sunday evening (October 29) at 11:30pm EST I'm going to be on the radio program Q'zine, a "weekly queer arts and culture magazine,” on WXPN-FM. I will be speaking during the OUTSpoken Project segment, where I will be telling about my coming-out experience. The OUTSpoken Project is a new audio series that features interviews of people from different walks of life telling their coming-out stories in the first person. Producer Robert Drake and Associate Producer Jenny Brennan are producing this series. The OUTspoken project will broadcast both regionally within the Greater Philadelphia area as well as globally as a podcast via the station's new media website, http://www.xponentialmusic.org/. This Sunday will mark the debut of the new segments on Q'zine, and the producers have decided to kick it off by airing my interview first!


As you can tell by the above photo, I was at the WXPN studios last month to record my interview which was about a half an hour long. It will edited down to a three-minute segment. Robert and Jenny had recorded a few previous interviews but they were done over the phone, so this was the first in-studio interview for the new series.



I took this picture outside the WXPN studios, which is on the 3100 block of Walnut Street. It also houses the live music venue World Cafe Live.

The OUTSpoken Project and Q'zine can be heard on 11:30pm Sunday nights at 88.5FM in the Philly area, as well as on the web at http://xpn.org/listen.php. So tune in and listen this Sunday to hear me tell my coming-out story!

3 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

cool i'll have to try to tune in online if i'm not too hungover on Sunday!

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

3:26 AM  
Blogger jayce said...

Hey Chris,

Your segment is set to air again this Sunday night in a compilation piece.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home